Library Trustees Association of New York State
New This Month
- Handbook Highlight: Information Technology – You should have a plan and a policy
- LTA Members: Get Questions Answered
- Renee Hobbs, National Authority on Media Literacy Education to be Trustee Institute Keynote Speaker
- Highlight On The Westchester Library System
- State Librarian Information on Minimum Standards of Service
Highlight On The Westchester Library System
The Westchester Library System (WLS) is a cooperative public library system that supports its 38 member libraries – and by extension – all the people and businesses in Westchester County. WLS offers several unique programs and services to support member libraries’ community engagement efforts.
The WLS Learning Ambassador Program helps teens aged 14-16 to develop 21st century skills through work-based learning, training and mentoring in a public library. This program prepares teens for their first job, develops skills for future employment and encourages the teens to further their education. The libraries receive much needed help over the busy summer months and the teens gain meaningful work experience. A video showcasing the 2013 Learning Ambassador experience was created to capture how this program makes a difference in libraries and their communities and to act as a fundraising tool to help sustain this program.
Read Full Article...
Join or Renew now. Discounts for LTA members at Trustee Institute.
Library membership includes the Director and all Trustees.
Check the Membership Directory.
You will have the LTA logo by your library name as a member.
View the total list of systems, their libraries and members, or under the System Map,
click on your system and you will see the libraries just from your system.
To do what we do, we need you!
~ The LTA Membership Committee
Dates & Reminders
- March 7th • LTA Board Meeting, Hampton Inn, Albany, NY 7pm Friday, 9am Saturday
May 2nd & 3rd • LTA Trustee Institute
Westchester Marriott, Tarrytown, NY.
Keynote Speaker - Renee Hobbs, Professor and Founding Director of the Harrington School of Communication and Media, University of Rhode Island
To see the schedule of events for this year, click here.
- New Service for Members • Click Here
- Certified Trustee Awards • Click Here for details. Send in your accumulated points. Certified Trustees will be announced and recognized at the Trustee Institute, May 2nd.
We are a statewide organization that represents, assists, educates and honors public library boards and their trustees as providers of free and universal library service.
Our core activities include:
- Advocating support of libraries and their programs
- Communicating with library trustees to inform them of issues affecting libraries and library service
- Educating trustees about their role in the library
- Recognizing and celebrating the accomplishments of library trustees
The Dignity Memorial® network is the name families turn to for compassionate and professional
funeral arrangements. Offered through a network of more than 1,600 providers in
North America, the Dignity Memorial brand is your assurance of quality, value,
caring service and exceptional customer satisfaction.
Dignity provides LTA Member libraries and branches with their Grief Management Library (a series of 25 articles written by top professionals in the field); a four DVD Grief Management Series; and a 10% discount to all LTA Members for pre-planned or at-need arrangements.
Are you interested in becoming a corporate sponsor? Please contact LTA's president Robert M. Presutti to get the particulars.