Click to View
The Trustee communicates issues affecting libraries and library services. Once a library and systems join LTA, all their trustees automatically receive this quarterly publication published by LTA. To learn more about membership in LTA, Click Here.
In This Issue
- President's Memo
- NYSALB's Trustee Training Proposal is on the "Bleeding" Edge
- Spanish Language Outreach Program Results for New York's Libraries
- From the Editor's Desk
- Should a Keyboard be Dishwasher Safe?
- Regents Propose "New York Library Initiative" For 2008
- Trustees Can Help Make Newest Gates Foundation Initiative a Success!
- NOMINATIONS SOUGHT for VELMA MOORE AWARD - 2008
- Who, by law, is responsible for managing $1.3 billion dollars of public and private annual income, including $1 billion in local, state, and federal public funding?
Who, by law, is responsible for managing $1.3 billion dollars of public and private annual income, including $1 billion in local, state, and federal public funding?
Winter 2008 issue of Trustee
Who, as a group, are the least prepared and equipped to meet those fiscal and legal responsibilities?
The answer is, you and me, and the other 7,000 library trustees in New York.
NYSALB has made significant strides in the last six months to help change this. See page 1 for more details. NYSALB is a not for profit membership organization which supports library trustees. We offer trustee training, lobby on library issues with the
legislature, with the ultimate goal of improving our libraries. This newsletter is one tool to keep trustees informed. Libraries subscribe as members on an annual basis, which automatically enrolls their trustees as members
of NYSALB. If you are receiving this newsletter, please thank your library director and board president for your membership. Individuals may also join independently at a rate of $10 per year.