Library Trustees Association of New York State
New This Month
- 2014 Trustee Institute List of Presenters
- National Public Libraries Survey – 2011 Results
- LTA Certified Trustee Program – A reminder about the LTA Certified Trustee Program
- Library Lends Garden Plots
- Policy Spotlight: Policy Resources and Tips
- “Ask Joe Eisner” — Which Policies Are Required?
- National Library Legislative Day
2014 Trustee Institute - Register Today!
Innovative Workshops to Spark Your Imagination, Including . . .
Challenging Conversations Using the World Cafe Model
The World Cafe approach acknowledges conversation as a primary means for discovering
common interests, sharing knowledge, imagining the future, and cooperating to survive
and thrive. By engaging in multiple conversations, participants learn, explore possibilities,
and co-create together. From this perspective, conversations are action—the very
heartbeat and lifeblood of social systems like libraries, communities, and cultures.
The World Cafe approach helps leaders to utilize conversation as a core process for effecting positive systemic change in their libraries and their communities.
Click here to take you to the full Institute Brochure and for Registration.
Join or Renew now. Discounts for LTA members at Trustee Institute.
Library membership includes the Director and all Trustees.
Check the Membership Directory.
You will have the LTA logo by your library name as a member.
View the total list of systems, their libraries and members, or under the System Map,
click on your system and you will see the libraries just from your system.
To do what we do, we need you!
~ The LTA Membership Committee
Dates & Reminders
May 2nd & 3rd • LTA Trustee Institute
Westchester Marriott, Tarrytown, NY.
Keynote Speaker Announced: Renee Hobbs
Professor and Founding Director of the Harrington School of Communication and Media, University of Rhode Island
To register and see the schedule of events for this year, click here.
May 6th • National Library Legislative Day
Washington, D. C.
- New Service for Members • Click Here
- Certified Trustee Awards • Click Here for details. Send in your accumulated points. Certified Trustees will be announced and recognized at the Trustee Institute, May 2nd.
We are a statewide organization that represents, assists, educates and honors public library boards and their trustees as providers of free and universal library service.
Our core activities include:
- Advocating support of libraries and their programs
- Communicating with library trustees to inform them of issues affecting libraries and library service
- Educating trustees about their role in the library
- Recognizing and celebrating the accomplishments of library trustees
The Dignity Memorial® network is the name families turn to for compassionate and professional
funeral arrangements. Offered through a network of more than 1,600 providers in
North America, the Dignity Memorial brand is your assurance of quality, value,
caring service and exceptional customer satisfaction.
Dignity provides LTA Member libraries and branches with their Grief Management Library (a series of 25 articles written by top professionals in the field); a four DVD Grief Management Series; and a 10% discount to all LTA Members for pre-planned or at-need arrangements.
Are you interested in becoming a corporate sponsor? Please contact LTA's president Robert M. Presutti to get the particulars.