Library Trustees Association of New York State
New This Month
About the State Library and the Division of Library Development
The New York State Library’s
Division of Library Development, working in partnership with the 73 library systems, brings cost-effective, modern library services to the millions of people who use New York’s 7,000 academic, public, school and special libraries.
Read Full Article...
Make sure your budget preparations have a line for LTA dues.
Check the Membership Directory.
You will have the LTA logo by your library name as a member.
View the total list of systems, their libraries and members, or under the System Map,
click on your system and you will see the libraries just from your system.
To do what we do, we need you!
~ The LTA Membership Committee
Dates & Reminders
- February 27, 2014 • Advocacy Day in Albany - A Thursday this year
May 2nd & 3rd, 2014 • LTA Trustee Institute
Westchester Marriott, Tarrytown, NY.
Here’s a peak at some parts of our program:
Theme - Challenge the Past to Create the Future
- Rethinking the budget – Is the only choice to cut hours?
- Redefining Technology – Can we transition from hardware to handheld?
- Rediscovering your Community – Are your only users @ your Library?
- Trustee Responsibility vs. Intellectual Freedom - Does seamless access mean we have to sacrifice privacy?
This year's LTA Trustee Institute to be hosted by Ramapo-Catskill Library System, Mid-Hudson Library System and Westchester Library System.
More to follow next month!
We are a statewide organization that represents, assists, educates and honors public library boards and their trustees as providers of free and universal library service.
Our core activities include:
- Advocating support of libraries and their programs
- Communicating with library trustees to inform them of issues affecting libraries and library service
- Educating trustees about their role in the library
- Recognizing and celebrating the accomplishments of library trustees
The Dignity Memorial® network is the name families turn to for compassionate and professional
funeral arrangements. Offered through a network of more than 1,600 providers in
North America, the Dignity Memorial brand is your assurance of quality, value,
caring service and exceptional customer satisfaction.
Dignity provides LTA Member libraries and branches with their Grief Management Library (a series of 25 articles written by top professionals in the field); a four DVD Grief Management Series; and a 10% discount to all LTA Members for pre-planned or at-need arrangements.
Are you interested in becoming a corporate sponsor? Please contact LTA's president Robert M. Presutti to get the particulars.